3/11/2008

GIVING : A HINDU SANSKRITI....


TODAY MORNING WHEN I WAS MAKING CHAPATIES...I JUST REMEMBER MOTHER'S 1 SENTENCE ALWYS MAKE 1ST CHAPATI FOR COW/DOG..BT IN USA U CANT FIND THEM SO I DONT DO..BUT I START THINKING Y THIS CUSTOM IS MADE FOR...
SUDDEN I REALISE ABOUT OUR GREAT HINDU SANSKRITI....ITS NOT JUST A MATTER OF GIVING TO COW [AS SHE IS AS LKE GOD] OR DOG..ITS A GREAT REASON BEHIND THAT....GIVING...GIVE FIRST BEFORE U TAKE..JUST LKE  ANY THING BEFORE U EAT U OFFER TO GOD AS HE GIVE US ALL THE THINGS..BUT GIVING TO OTHERS..POOR PEOPLE[LKE BEGGARS] ANIMALS ..ITS JUST STARTING OF LEARNING PROSESS OF GIVING N ITS START FROM EVERY MORNING....
I FEEL PROUD THAT I AM HINDU AND MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME SAME...GIVE FIRST..

HEY FRIEND..ANY THING U REALISE LIKE THAT..PLZ SHARE UR EXPERIANCES...10X..

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hmm..well maine suna nahi tha yeh custom k barein mei..i knw somewhat little abt this things!~! par i totally agree to d reasoning u gave!!
i thnk all customs have their meanings as well!! kuch to reason hai jisliye banaye gaye hai!!

ur thoughts are good!

Swapnil said...

humko to roti banana hi nahi aati to ye custom kya khak samaz me aayega!!! :P

Unknown said...

custom is first to cow and last to dog.
but its not practiced now and first goes to hubby who always eats and eats like cow do grazing and last eats wife and shouts everytime like dog barks..

FUNNY BUT REALISTIC..

Anonymous said...

Hi Vaishali, hey u r so right this been tought to us but we can't practice this particular gesture here in US but occasionally I do make food for two of our neighbors who happened to be Indians. I bake things and then give it to them time to time... This is apart from inviting them over for lunch or dinner or for any festival. I do as much as I can and it feels good to me. So i do it and my neighbors just love it cause they get to eat one extra dish in dinner....so it works both ways!

Vaisshali said...

Thanks Debu.
Swapnil.... koi baat nahi pehle custom seekh le banana baad mei seekh lena..:P
Chitrang ji... disagree wth ur point..
Anonymous.. aap achcha kar rahi hai.. aapka gud name bhi batati to char chaand lag jaate.. :)